Pantone, the global authority on colour, has unveiled the colour trend report for London Fashion Week spring/summer 2022 season and predicts that designers will showcase colours that blend “sentiments of simplicity and spontaneity” to inspire new forms of personalised expression.
For London Fashion Week, Pantone states that designers will opt for colours that fuse a deep connection with nature while offering comfort and familiarity with lighthearted airy pastels and visually arresting brights.
The trend forecasting and colour consultancy have selected ten standout colours and five core classics, including a bright and cheery yellow and a playful pink, alongside refreshing pastel hues, a sharp lime green and neutral browns.
Pantone spring/summer 2022 London Fashion Week colour palette
- Pantone 14-5713 ‘Cascade’ is a cool and refreshing green.
- Pantone 16-1349 ‘Coral Rose’ is a vivid floral tone with an energising presence that brings a sense of excitement.
- Pantone 18-4143 ‘Super Sonic’ a vibrant blue that is “electric in intensity”.
- Pantone 12-0825 ‘Popcorn’ is a bright and cheery yellow that radiates warmth to all who embrace it.
- Pantone 13-2004 ‘Potpourri’ is a lighthearted and carefree fresh pastel pink.
- PANTONE 17-1928 Eye-catching ‘Bubblegum’ sends a message of playfulness and positivity.
- PANTONE 18-1160 ‘Sudan Brown’ is a naturally rich earth-baked brown tied to the great outdoors.
- PANTONE 15-0549 ‘Fragile Sprout’ Sharp and acidic Fresh Sprout is visually arresting.
- PANTONE 14-3612 ‘Orchid Bloom’ is reminiscent of our heightened love of nature’s florals.
- PANTONE 18-1307 ‘Coffee Quartz’ A flavourful brown that touches on both the basic and the glamourous.